Founder Captivate Coaching
I am passionate about helping people reclaim their voice so they can connect with and inspire their audience. If you can connect and inspire you can change a room, your workplace, a city or nation. If you can connect and inspire you can change your world.
Education and Experience
B.Ed Waikato University
Dip. Tchg Waikato College of Teacher Education
Dip.Perf Arts NZ College Performing Arts( now Whitireia Performance Centre)
Registered Teacher with The Voice Communication Association NZ
- Over 20 years background as a primary teacher
- Trained in voice as part of a two year Performing Arts Diploma
- Trained in singing with Jane Keller, David Feehan and Michael Williams
- Taught after school speech and drama for The Helen O’Grady Children’s Drama Academy
- Specialist Speech and Drama Teacher for two years at Brooklyn School part time
- Acting Head of Drama at St Mark’s Private Church School for three terms
- Sung and acted on stage in both professional and nonprofessional capacity
I have some training in and use techniques of world master in voice training, Kristin Linklater. This is the premier voice methodology used in actor training programmes worldwide, the aim of which is freeing the natural voice. I adapt this to help any speaker who is required to have a public voice in their workplace or community.
A bit extra
I live in Brooklyn, Wellington with my two children, a well used mountain bike and hot yoga mat.